Why Work With Us?
If you work with us, you’ll find that we are more than just tax preparers or auditors – we specialize in everything from DMS system training, accounting department optimization, and floorplan to reinsurance agreements. We can add value to your dealership in all of the areas … and more!
Some recent illustrations are listed below:
- We serve over 200 dealerships across the nation.
- We have lost only 3 dealership clients to another CPA firm in over a decade.
- Our industry experts have many years of experience working in dealerships and our professionals bring the same level of experience working alongside our dealership clients.
- Our firm’s policy is never to extend a dealership’s return (the sole exception being at the client’s request).
- Our extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions has given us the opportunity to be involved in more than $500,000,000 worth of deals.
We can tell you all day long what we’re able to do for your dealership. So let’s deal with specifics. Here are just a few of the things we have done for our dealership clients:
- During a review engagement, uncovered a GM receiving kickbacks from vendors of tires and wheels.
- During an audit engagement, discovered an administrative clerk buying office supplies and receiving kickbacks from vendors.
- During an audit engagement, discovered that an office manager had written over $80,000 worth of checks to a fictitious vendor and had pocketed the money – details the company’s former CPA firm had overlooked.
- Analyzed a client’s reinsurance company organization, fees, and product mix, which resulted in a $90,000 per year savings for the client.
- Reviewed the prior year’s tax return for a new dealership client – and discovered $900,000 worth of deductions the prior accountant had missed. Then we amended returns for the client and corrected the situation.
- Filed certain tax elections (IRS Form 3115) for a client because of tax law changes – which resulted in an approximate deduction of $350,000 that had previously been capitalized.
- Filed certain tax elections (IRS Form 3115) for a client because of tax law changes – which resulted in an approximate deduction of $700,000 that had previously been capitalized.
- Filed certain tax elections (IRS Form 3115) for a client because of tax law changes – which resulted in an approximate deduction of $3,000,000 that had previously been capitalized.
- Restructured new client buy/sell documents that resulted in tax savings of $1,500,000. The client had just started the legal documentation stage of the transaction and we were able to make changes that resulted in the above tax savings.
- Assisted client with moving warranty products inside the dealership – which resulted in $168,000 of annual savings.
- Amended new client state tax returns for tax credits that the dealer was eligible for but had been missed by his former CPA. This resulted in tax savings of $95,000 for the shareholders.
These are just a few examples of the outstanding success we’ve had while providing excellent CPA work for our dealership clients.